So we are finailly in South Carolina! It was a long time coming! But thank goodness we made it!!!
We had a few people over to help us load the truck that friday, it took a good couple hours and a lot of rearranging! But they got it accomplished! Thanks to Dan who told them where to put things!
Friday night we stayed with Dan & Ramona since we didn't have a bed :) but we didn't get there until about midnight because I had to finish cleaning the Townhouse which seemed to take forever! When we got to Dan & Ramona's they were already in bed and we were WORN OUT! It had been such a long day (we had also been up early to pick up the moving truck). We took a shower and then it was off to bed! The dogs were up most the night because they had to sleep with each other (which they are NOT use too) so about every hour on the hour one of them would try to wake one of us up. So then it was a long night!
6am came WAY to early, but we got up and got dressed, put our stuff in the car... and then said good bye to Dan & Ramona.
I drove the Mazda and Gary drove the moving truck... and off we went! We were doing really good... until about 9am, we hit traffic! And it wasn't just any traffic, we were in it for 3 hours... Gary called me and told me to go to a certain radio station and come to find out there was an accident that happened at 2am that STILL hadn't been moved out of the road, apparently it was bad. So right as we got to where it was and they were filtering people onto the shoulder to get past it because they had closed all the lanes... we had all moved into the right lane.... Just for them to open back up the road! Go figure! So we were on our way again...
10 or so hours and a few puppy potty breaks later we arrived at our apartment complex and my very dear friend Kaitlyn was here waiting for us with some guys from our new ward to help us move in... Gary and I were so exhausted for being up so late the night before and then getting up early and driving. But everyone was awesome! They just jumped in and started unloading the truck and let Gary and I relax, our neighbors below us were out side and offered to help, so they did! And it went twice as fast. Kaitlyn was AMAZING, she was here about 5:15ish and stayed till 10pm(ish) to help me unpack. I will be forever grateful!
We pretty much have the apartment set up there is just our bathroom, our bedroom and the Guest bedroom left to get done. (I'll post pictures after I post this entry)
We went to our new Ward, it was AWESOME! Everyone was soooo nice! Their goal for this year as a ward is to be the friendliest ward on the planet. And they have stuck to it! There were so many people that came up to us and introduced themselves, it was wonderful!
We even got invited over to a couple's house for dinner, they also invited another couple... It was so cool to get to know Devon & Jamie and Matt & Marie, and also their kids. I love making new friends.
I just want to say thank you to all those who helped out and have been awesome through this entire move! Gary and I really appreciate it!!!
Aug 18, 2009
Moved in and loving it!
Posted by Marlee at 9:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Glad the move went well and you are happy in SC. Sorry we weren't there to help out - I had a meeting or something that night. Just gives us a reason to come visit, right?
I'm so glad they were so friendly-- that always makes the difference on whether you feel like you are at home. You guys will do great there. Can't wait to come and see you!!!!!!!!--- love mom
Post a Comment