So nothing really eventful has happened recently... I just have some spare time on my hands so I figure why not post!
Yesterday... Sunday was really busy
I gave a talk in church about... MARRIAGE! When I first got the assignment I was literally confused. Like why in the world would they want someone who hasn't been married that long, but it all turned out good. Gary spoke too and his was great! Having to speak on the same topic really helped us come closer together I think... Because we talked about it and discussed the most important things that strengthen a marriage. And even though I was nervous it went really well.
I had some extra kids in my class... all of the kids in my class are hit or miss... I don't know when they will be there. Yesterday I had the 3 boys... the week before I had 1 boy... and the week before that I had NO CLASS! yep, none of them showed up. So I hung out in primary and helped out. But like I said we had some extra's yesterday. I took the girls from the class one year older than my Sunbeams (is it bad I don't know the name of that class?)... But it has all of my kids that I had in Nursery a few years ago so it was fun. I took 5 girls and then my 3 boys... the girls helped me out cause those little boys... man are they active! But I love it.
After church I went to 2nd ward because Courtney was giving her homecoming talk. It went really well... she did a great job.
And then I went home and slept like all afternoon :)
Saturday was AWESOME! It was on of the funnest days I've had in a awhile! In the morning, my mom and I went to the church for the Girls Camp meeting... which started off the AWESOMENESS of the day! We tie dyed the camp shirts! And we made a MESS! I had it all over my arms and feet (I went barefoot). It was great!
I was at the church from 9:30am till 3:30pm... and not because the meeting dragged on... but because my mom started talking and planning and working on camp till then.
After I got home, I changed my clothes and headed to Joann's... Last week Britani (my sister-in-law) showed mom and I how to make cute little bows and ones that look like flowers out of ribbon. Well I want to make some for camp... I bought some cute green ribbon and then rainbow type ribbon as as well. I'm SUUUUPPPPEEERRR Excited for camp! Can you tell?
And then the most AWESOME part of the day! I went to Georgia with my good friend and old boss, Aimee to watch her boyfriend race Sprint cars! IT WAS AWESOME!!!
It was so cool. There were a lot more sprint cars in the race I watched. And he WON!
I will definitely be doing that again!
So this Wednesday is my birthday... I'll be 22. weird. I think the older I get the more weirded out I get. I tend to think sometimes that I'm still 18, even though I know I'm not. haha. I'm not really that excited about my birthday. In my younger years I made sure that EVERYONE knew about it. And like this year and last year... Its just not that important. I don't know. I probably won't even do anything. except for sleep in... but I do that all the time... so no adventure there. I guess its true the older you get the more boring birthdays get. Oh well.
I'm still looking for a job. I am going to start watching two little girls from church after camp in June... but it will only be 2 days a week. I'm excited though. They are cute girls and it should be fun.
Well I guess thats all for now!
Thanks for reading!
May 24, 2010
Old?
Posted by Marlee at 5:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Why didn't you tell me you were speaking? I would have gone to yours, especially since you came to mine! ;) AND I heard that you and I are co-cabin leaders now - WOOT!! How did we get so lucky? :)
You're going to Girls' Camp?! LUCKY! I can't wait to read that post because I know you'll have a ton of fun :D
I'm turning 23 in August, and I agree with you--it's weird getting older. I still feel like I could be 16 and in high school sometimes.
Oh, you asked how I'm feeling, and I'll tell you: TIRED! haha I think my body is saying, hey you've got another girl coming so it's time to relax a bit.
Love ya and good luck with job hunting!
Post a Comment