Well its been almost 11 weeks since my surgery. Time sure does fly! I've had multiple tests done... I've been poked and prodded... I've been happy, sad, relieved, disappointed, over whelmed, and calm. I've had tears of joy and cried with a heavy heart. It has truly been an emotional roller coaster. And... its not over yet. Monday my OBGYN called and told me that my HSG results came back (real quick: HSG test... one of the most awful things EVER! Painful and horrible!) my tube is partially blocked. Meaning only some of the HSG dye could get through. If we were to get pregnant on our own there is a very high chance it would end as an ectopic...Again. She told me to make an appointment with an IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) doctor and talk to him about those options and if whether or not we should remove the tube, if it will effect the IVF. Gary and I went yesterday and met with Dr. Brown. And first things first... I LOVED this doctor!!! Even with just talking with him for that short time I felt a lot more hopeful. he told me that according to my medical records I'm perfectly healthy... that it is just a little plumbing issue. That my eggs are ready and want to be fertilized and that my uterus is dying to have a baby. They just need a little help.
He also told us that he loved 20 year old couple because they make him look good... That the success rate is MUCH higher. He kept telling us that we are his ideal couple because we are young, healthy, we don't drink or smoke or do drugs. Dr. Brown assured us and guaranteed that if we did IVF through him we WOULD have a baby... or babies. So yes, I became very hopeful. After we walked out of his office Gary looked at me and said "I really liked him..."That made me feel good too. Dr. Brown also told us that he was all about honesty, that by the time people get to him they have already endured some much and are so heart broken and discouraged, he felt that being honest with people help build the trust between him and his clients. That they are a Christian based group and plan to keep it that way. He made me feel so good.
The only issue of course is that our insurance doesn't cover IVF... and so we will have to pay out of pocket... Which will most definitely take awhile. I'm praying to win the lottery or something...
The or something leads me to the next topic...
Yesterday I spoke to 2 Lawyers and 1 secretary. We are going to pursue the lawsuit against the doctors office in Maryland. All of the things I had to endure... then and now. Could have been avoided. I left a message with the secretary and I will hear from the attorney on Monday. And its like Gary and I were talking about... I'm not trying to be malicious. I'm not suing them for everything they are worth... I just feel that there needs to be some justice. I would like my medical bills paid and even have it pay for IVF. How they went about things were wrong and I don't believe that its right to let them get away with it and not get some form of punishment. My situation could have been A LOT worse had I done what they told me to and gone home. As I said it could have been avoided. I just want them to understand that what they did and how they handled everything was wrong. And I don't want it to happen to someone else. So hopefully I will hear back from the Attorney up there on Monday... Keep your fingers crossed! I would love for there to be a case and that we would be able to get enough to pay the medical bills and do IVF... like next summer. Pray hard!
I also have been looking for a "Support Group" about IVF or something close too... And I haven't been able to find one.. So I started a blog for women who have or are struggling to get pregnant and have a baby. Here is the link:
http://babiestouchtheworldwithlove.blogspot.com/
Check it out if you would like. If you know of anyone who is struggling and may be interested in connecting with other women and couples please send 'em. This blog is to comfort and help us that are struggling to know that we are Not Alone.
I got the inspiration from 2 dear friends of mine who have been the epitome of love and support. They have and still struggle with completing their families. The idea of the blog popped into my head after I receiving an email from one of these friends because she felt compelled that I needed to know that I'm not alone in this journey. It warmed my heart and I am so grateful for these women who have reached out to me. And I thought... How many women are out there that are struggling? To endure the things that we have endured is truly an emotional roller coaster. For me, I feel super alone sometimes. Like no one understands what I'm going through... And then one of those special people reaches out and make the journey just a little bit brighter. So I started the Babies Touch the world with Love blog. To reach out to those women who don't have those blessed friends to be the shoulder to cry on and feel loved. Everyone needs to feel loved. No matter what they are going through.
Some day are better than others... For me, today is a good day. I pray every morning for a good day. They are so much better than the bad, sad, bitter days.
Aside from all of that... Things are going well for us. I'm working Saturday's now. Gary is doing very good at Sun Tire. He has definitely Impressed the owner and his son-in-law (who will be taking over the company one day). We are so grateful for Gary's job... And we do hope that he will be able to advance in company.
I have definitely been loving the wonderful weather that we have been having in the Sunshine state! Its not to hot... not to cold.. its been fantastic! And totally sunny all week! Nothing like a little sunshine to release those happy endorphins to brighten your day.
Well other than a few stumbling blocks in this thing called life... Ours is going pretty good. I am grateful for all that the Lord has given Gary and I and that he continues to bless us. And I know that one day in the future that our forever family will be able to grow... Just got to have a little faith... so I'm learning.
:)
Oct 16, 2010
A few stumbling blocks
Posted by Marlee at 12:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
YOU ARE AMAZING! I just want you to know that you are wonderful. First great for you pursing the lawsuit you have every right in the world to have them at least pay for the issues and heart you have dealt with. If anything I think you are more courageous for doing it. Second how thoughtful that you are doing this blog. Your struggles can really help change someones else life and thoughts about life in general. If I had money I would give it to you.... you will be a wonderful mother. Lets get together for a girls night!
Your blog is a great idea. You are amazing and I am glad to call you my friend.
You are amazing! I just can't believe your resilience! I am so impressed with you!
I totally understand why you are pursuing a law suit--you need to for you and for others! It could happen to someone else unless they learn a lesson! I cannot believe that that all happened because they were so dumb! I will be praying that things work out and the money is somehow given to you for IVF! You are faithful and would make wonderful parents, I am sure somehow Heavenly Father will provide a way :-) I love you, you know :-)
Marlee, you're terrific! Best of luck to you and Gary with the lawsuit--you're right, if you can prevent this from happening again you will be a lifesaver! I looked at your new blog and it is really beautiful and uplifting. Miss you and love you!!
Post a Comment