I know that everyone has trials, but doesn't it always seem like yours are ALWAYS the worst? I know it feels that way for me... Well here is a LONG overdue update. This is kinda long... I hope you can read it all!
Around the middle of April Gary lost his job at Pep Boys. He searched and applied to everywhere we could think of, we knew that my income wouldn't be enough for all the bills and rent. So after about 3 weeks he still hadn't found anything and it was getting tight. My parents offered for us to come live with them for a little while till we can get back on our feet and after a day or two of thinking about it we decided that we really didn't have a choice and were grateful for the relief.
We packed up the apartment in one week, it was so hard leaving our little apartment and all of the friends that we made. I felt like my world was being ripped from me. Life just didn't seem fair.
But now we're here and like I said grateful. Its not the same, and people are different from when I was here before. But all I can do is adjust. I am very grateful to the people who have been so helpful and encouraging me. I miss my friends in South Carolina so much, I enjoyed being invited to go do things or just to hang out. And it seemed like we were falling into a routine or something.
But I have been humbled by a new friend of mine who reminded me that nothing happens for no reason. and that the Lord has the bigger picture. That there is a reason Gary and I are here in Florida and why things are the way they are for us right now. And hopefully I can keep that perspective.
On a more positive note: Courtney, my best friend came home today from her mission. It was wonderful! I'm excited to have her home... no one can ever take the place of a best friend. :) Rae and I went to the airport... and got SUPER lost... I hate airports I never know my way around. We thought we were running late and then Courtney's flight got a little delayed I guess and so we were waiting for a little while but it was all worth it. I missed my best friend.
Gary also has a job now, he works at Sun Tire off of Park Ave. He is the Shop Format? like head technian or something. But its a salary position and his boss really likes him. Which we are so grateful for! Hopefully it won't take us to long before we are on our own again. I still haven't found a job yet, it feels like I have applied every where but unfortunately nothing has happened yet. My mom introduced a program to Gary and I called "Financial Peace University" it is by Dave Ramsey. We love it! Its a step by step program, and he teaches you how to save money and be financially stable. At first I was a little skeptical because there are so many progams out there that are full of... well you get the picture. But after watching the videos and doing what he suggested we have a plan to get our back on our feet and not run into the same problems we've had in the past. So now that Gary has a job... We are ready to hit the ground running.
It has been nice to be able to see my siblings and parents... even if we have had our head butting moments. And I Love being able to see my niece Thalia! I had only seen her a few times (i.e: Labor day, and christmas) So that is something I am enjoying.
I have also been teaching in primary! Sunbeams to be exact... and man have I missed it. I love those little kids... I would be told in other places that I couldn't serve in primary until I got to know people in the ward... I always wanted to reply... "I don't want to get to know anyone... I want to know their children" Its true. So i'm enjoying myself.
Mollie, Poquito and Ninja are adjusting to being here... Some days are better than others, but for the most part its going pretty good. I think that they miss just having it be the 3 of them. We gave the Hamster, Jazelle, to 2 little girls (they are actually like 7 & 9) back in South Carolina. We figured it would make the move a little bit easier. We did however bring the fish. So far they are still kicking...or swimming? :)
Gary and I are also looking into going back to school... its pretty much gonna happen for both of us... Gary is going to get his teaching degree... and me... well... thats kind of undecided. I'm not really sure what I want to do... I've tossed around so many different ideas but I just can't pick one. So if you have any ideas about what I could major in...PLEASE let me know!
Anyways... Aside from life being rough sometimes... its actually pretty good. I love Gary more that anything. He has been my knight in shining armor through everything. I don't know what I would do with out him.
Thanks for reading!
May 3, 2010
Trials
Posted by Marlee at 12:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
I am happy that things are working out for the best for you and Gary. Be happy. Things do happen for a reason. Good luck looking for a job. Maybe you should try getting a job at a day care since you love children so much. Maybe you should get an early childhood education degree so you can teach little ones and get paid for it. Take one day at a time. We love and miss you.
I'm with you--the trials we have seem to be the worst but I'm glad that you are wise enough to realize that you are still blessed! Thanks for reminding me that the Lord sees the bigger picture. Good luck in FL; miss you TONSSSSSS!
getting lost at the airport? remember mom getting us lost on the way back from SC after your wedding all up in the airport?? hahah err.. wait. you actually weren't with us. well, tell rae so she can remember! haha :)
anyway, i think you should finish your massage therapy license. you were good at that! love you and miss you terribly my dear!
(p.s. please tell courtney hi for me!!)
I'm sorry I didn't get to see more of you while you were in SC, but I'm glad you two are handling the adjustment back to FL well.
As for the major- pick something you enjoy doing to major in. It makes school a lot more fun, and it goes by quicker. You were good at massage therapy, so that's a good option. And if you love the sunbeams so much, early childhood education is a good option, too. That's what I majored in. And while I decided to stay at home with Nathan rather than teach, the things I learned in the classroom help me to understand his development and be a better mom. Food for thought! Love you girl!
Love you tons! John and I have been/are in your shoes and it sucks! It is interesting how certain things come about and how we eventually see the blessings of those things. I'll keep you guys in my prayers.
Hang in there, things will get better! :) Going to school right now is a great decision.:)I thing you would be an AMAZING preschool teacher! You have a gift with little ones!:) Good Luck and keep Smiling, and Praying!
Post a Comment