Jul 16, 2010

Well its been a few weeks or so since camp. And boy am I glad its over! I had a great time… I met some great women and young women, whom I will never forget.
The theme this year was “There’s No Place Like Home” I was 4th Level Camp Crafter… or as Rae puts it “crampy crafters”. We were Scarecrows and Green Apples! So for the first day that the girls got there… I wore GREEN… the only thing that wasn’t green was my underwear and shirt. Haha! It was kind of weird this year… mainly because some of the girls that I was over I use to baby sit when they were still in diapers. But it was awesome to get to know them more. They were awesome. We did have some ups and downs, with the girls and the leaders. But believe it or not… I came to realize that most of the drama came from the leaders (not in 4th level, THANK GOODNESS!)
It was great though. The spirit was so strong and I think the girls learned a lot. This year was year number 10 for me. It was also our last year at camp O’leno, which made everyone very sad. I did a lot of growing up at O’leno, so many memories that will never be forgotten. I’m grateful for all the people who were ever there for me at camp. They have certainly had an impact on my life. I think I have made new wonderful friends every year. I will definitely miss O’leno.

Things here have been pretty busy with us…
I have my two jobs now… which I LOVE! I have been working a lot (except for this past week) and so I’ve been really tired. I worked every day except for Saturday last week. I work at the Salon at the beginning of the week and then at Victoria’s Secret at different other times throughout the week. I love Victoria’s! I have met so many great people. My co-workers are really nice and have been so helpful. This past week I learned how to use the register and we ringing people up. It was awesome.
And Gary had gotten a promotion! He is now the Assistant Manager! We are so excited, and he really enjoys it. He isn’t as tired when he comes home. He tells me that his boss is really impressed with him and had told Gary that within the next year to year and a half he believe Gary will become a Manager! How exciting is that? We have been so blessed.
We’ve gotten a new (well actually its old and used, but its new to me) Car! A 2001 Ford Explorer Sport. I love it. Its so cute. I’m still getting use to driving it but I totally enjoy it! it’s a 4 seat-er, So we have room for other people. Its fabulous.

We are still living with my parents… trying to get into either a house to rent or a townhouse. It has been quite the adventure. I definitely miss having my own place with my hubby…I had forgotten what it was like to live with teenagers. I think my little brother would eat us out of house and home if he could.

Things are pretty good.

Well its Date night!

1 comments:

Mandi said...

Oh leaving with the parents when your married is a huge blessing and a complete change. Aaron and I lived with my mom and dad while we were closing on our house and their is no words to describe how weird it is.We have a house for rent right across the street from us when you are ready. It would be fun to be neighbors!